Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Trip To Hawaii

This is PARADISE!

Ok, so it's been a while since I've written. On October 20th the Kids and I left for HAWAII!!! We were so excited! We were goin to the busy Island of OAHU! Daniel was counting down the days for sure! The most exciting part for him was packing his suitcase! Josh's grandparents {great-grandparents to the kids} have been in Malaysia for the past 2 yrs but have just returned. They both are such strong Christians and 2 people we look up too. Their walk for the Lord is so amazing to see and His grandpa was a pastor for over 50 years. They have lived in Hawaii for 13 years and they also have had a house out here in Tucson for 10yrs or so. Josh and I went to Hawaii back in January 2001. It was so awesome and we were just dating at the time:)) Being able to go back was just wonderful. The kids and I left on October 20th super early in the morning. Our plane left at 6 something in the morning. We flew to LA and then from there off to Honolulu..it's about a 5 hour flight and Daniel and Faith did amazing! Those 2 are really very easy to fly with, Daniel is such a big helper and Faith enjoys the attention she gets from her Big Brother. I was thankful for having an easy flight with 2 kids! We got there About 11:30 am and I'll tell you what, it was nice to be off that plane! Daniel and Faith had a plan this is what their plan was..." Ok, now when we get of we are going to run super speedy fast and give them a big hug and they are going to fall over"...Kids! They sure did too:) Josh's mom Cindy was there too so it was very cool to see both Ma'ma and grandma. They had 3 beautiful Laius for us when we arrived-they smell so good too:)
So after we got to the car ,we went by the Big Kahuna and got a BBQ pork sandwich and some cheese balls..Oh yes we were in heaven! Then we headed to the beach. We went to Ko'Olina beach its so nice and we got into our swimsuits and hit the water! First time for our kids to be at a beach and in the Pacific ocean! Here is a picture of them... with Ma'ma


and this is Faith getting buried!
and them playing in the sand:)
The water in Hawaii is so clear and so blue its just gorgeous.....
We did SO much stuff while we were there, I kept a journal of everything we did on all 12 days! I'm so glad I did. I'll list some of the cool things we did while we were there. We took the kids to Sea Life Park and we got to see all sorts of cool underwater creatures:) We LOVED the dolphins and the awesome show they put on for us:)
We love being at Grandma's and Grandpa's house and the kids enjoyed early breakfasts' on the Lanai
Here is the view of their pool from the Lanai....SO PRETTY!
They have Peacocks everywhere around the grounds and they are just so pretty and they have such vibrant colors..Faith thought it was fun to Chase them..that child likes to Chase anything!!
That is one thing the kids enjoyed the most was being at the pool and in the water...seriously for hours!!! Mom and I loved getting some sun too:)
Mom and Grandma love Papaya's and they say they are the best thing a woman can eat?:) I loved the Pomolo {sweeter than a grapefruit} mmm...so good. Grama... was our tour guide while we were there and it was so sweet of her to take us around everywhere! We went down to the North Shore I had to get a picture of the sign I thought it looked so cool.
We went and got some shaved ice, went to sharks cove, sunset beach, Turtle Bay and here is a picture of the kids and their sweet Ma'ma and Grandma
The waves out here on the North Shore were so huge and I got some good pictures of my little man...
We got to go to Pearl Harbor and it was very neat to see that again...Its amazing, oil still sits onto of the water
It was so cool...A good friend of ours took us out and around the island and we got to go through the Kole' Kole' pass were the Japanese came thru and bombed Pearl Harbor that was really neat...then he took us out to Bellows {on the military base} were we got to go Boogie Boarding...Josh and I hit some crazy waves and enjoyed playin around and chasing the kids up and down the beach. Bellows is gorgeous and we enjoyed our time out there. Mom and I enjoyed going to the swap meet its so huge and TONS of great stuff! Josh got here on the 27th and The kids and I were so happy to see him. Faith couldn't take her eyes off daddy and held his hand tight. We were glad to have daddy there with us:) Josh used to go to Hawaii all the time when he was a kid and even up to his teenage years. He traveled alot with his grandparents and they love for the kids to travel with them too:) They can experience so much and we love doing new things with them and letting them go with the grandparents and have fun with them:) Josh's grandpa got to Hawaii on Wed. the 29th and he didn't know any of us were there so it was a BIG surprise for him to see us all . The kids ran up and gave him a big hug. Josh and I got to spend some time together and we did just that! We got up early and took the bus {which by the way my kids LOVED...cause they didn't have to sit in car seats!!!!!} and went down to Waikiki and had breakfast, then hit the beach! Waikiki Beach is so pretty and so busy!
Then Josh and I were just lounging around.....
when decided to go do something fun! We're goin PARASAILING!!!!!!
On the boat gettin ready to gear up and head out....Here we go...how AWESOME is this!!!!We were 600ft. up in the air...we could see everything...all of Waikiki and Diamond head and they even dipped us down in the middle of the ocean 3 times!! That was so crazy...Josh was like I hope we don't get our legs bit off...HA! We were dipped down up to our shoulders!! aahhhh!!!! Crazy -crazy -crazy but so fun! We had a wonderful time. Then we got back and dressed and then went and ate at Planet Hollywood saw the cool mimes on the side of the streets...all they are-are just old beat up bums all silver, lookin like statues!!! So weird..but coolWe had a great time hangin out together and it was just like good ol' times:) He's my best friend
and my Hubby and I'm so glad to have such a wonderful man in my life:) Hawaii is beautiful and I loved taking pictures of the sunsets and of the pretty flowers there...here are a few


As I took some pictures of Just my little man I had to do the same for my little Princess..so here are a few of our Faith Elizabeth...

Our time here was absolutely awesome and it went by way too fast! We truly enjoyed our time with Grama and Grampa and Mom and being there together as a family. It was great for the kids to go somewhere they had never been before and alot of memories were made:) Here is all 4 of US at the airport headed home.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures------Wish we were still there!!!!
Mom