Saturday, October 18, 2008

Josh's 26th Birthday!

Well today has been a fun day! I woke up early, the kids and Josh were all still sleeping. I got the coffee on and the smell of the fresh ground beans brewin always smells so wonderful...mmmm....
I made Heart french toast, eggs and grits, Cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese..Josh could eat eggs and grits every mornin...yes...we're southern people and like grits..sweet tea...cornbread..the whole shi-bang! Anyway, We all had a wonderful breakfast and enjoyed some family time at the table. We always eat as a family-that's the way we wanted it in our family so its special time for us. Then we all just hung out and Daniel was so excited to give Josh his card he had made for him and this is what he wrote...

Josh loved it and said "This above all, is the most special gift I could receive. If you only knew how hard he works on these and then his big green eyes filled with excitement as he watched Josh open them. Its so sweet. All throughout the day he gave Josh 4 more cards. He would go into his room sit, write and draw...then fold it up and put into a envelope lick it shut and deliver it to daddy..each time was so special and Josh told him how thankful he was to have such a loving little boy! Awww. We had a fun day together. I made Josh dinner..we were still kinda full from our soup and salad lunch so we didn't eat that much for dinner..but we enjoyed the cake. Josh has a couple favorite cakes. One, is a yellow cake with homemade chocolate icing the second one is Funfetti cake. I asked which one he'd prefer and he said the Funfetti cake.."I think the kids would really like that too" So that's what I made. I made it in a bunt pan and it turned out really nice:) Here's a picture of it with all 26 candles!!! Then after we sang Happy Birthday the kids helped Josh blow out the candles...and then lick them and of course Faith thought they were edible so she ate half the candle...and after I realized what had happened and told her she quickly spit it out.....that's our little Faith......


I Love you babe and Hope you had a great day! I can't wait to celebrate it all on our trip together!!!! I'm so excited for some you and me time! We hung out and watched Josh's favorite shows I dream of Jeanie! We got to bed late but we had fun!!! "7-7-7-3-3" U and Me baby!!! I love you Josh!

1 comment:

AZChelsea said...

man, I am so impressed with you! I LOVE those heart shaped french toast! Curt maske a mean french toast for me, but they're never heart shaped! ;)
As soon as I saw the breakfast picture I knew those were grits....my whole family is from North Carolina and all growing up my mom tried to get me to eat grits but I wouldn't have it. I didn't even think you could find grits here in the desert!! ;)